Flooring

HI, I've installed Pergo in most of my downstairs. It looks good, although keeping the seams together was tough and they've wandered in a few places.
I'm thinking about going the laminate route upstairs
Questions:
1. Is there any issue with laminate on anything other than a ground floor?
2. The DuPont Real Touch Elite seems to be much, much better than Pergo. The beveled feel of the seams is more realistic and they claim that it fits better generally. Is it worth the extra cost? I knew full well when I bought the Pergo that it wouldn't look exactly like hardwood and that's OK. But the DuPont stuff looks more realistic to me. Does it look as good in the real world?

No, it goes most any place.

Sure, Pergo is low end. Newer, better material exist. Also consider engineered wood floors. www.manninngton.com for both laminate and wood. www.wilsonart.com for laminate
Also check out Mannington. We put some in a few years ago and it looks great.