Floor smoothness when laying ceramic

When removing vinyl flooring from concrete to be replaced by ceramic tile, how smooth must the floor be? I've removed most of the "cardboard"-looking residue from the floor, but there are still many spots that have "cardboard" color, & are a bit rough. Is that sufficient for Home Depot to do the tile install? Or must I get the floor completely smooth to the touch to ensure good ceramic tile placement?
Yes, That will be fine for the HD installers.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A quick and "easy" way to finish up is to use a rug shampoo-er with rotory brushes. It gets everything good and wet while also physically scrubbing the floor. It won't suck all of it up, but it will do quite a bit. Just use a broom for the rest.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Since you're familiar with Home Depot, attend one of their 'DIY ceramic tile classes'.
Ask them for a 'blob' of Thinset, after the class, then take it home and apply it to test areas of your floor. You'll easily be able to see if it adheres to the floor.
(and its not too difficult to remove after your test)
Lewis.
******