Floor question

Hey all,

I am doing a tile floor in my foyer.

I know I will be over 3/4" by the time I am done (more like 1 1/4"). I am not happy with the stiffness of the underlayment.

Can I go under the crawl space and attach some 1 x's to the underneath to help stiffen things up a bit?

Once again, thanks for your help.

rik

Reply to
RikC

You might get more stiffness by cross bracing.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Joseph,

The underlayment is plywood either 5/8 or 3/4. I am not sure. The joists are crossbraced if that is what you are telling me. If not, please explain.

Thank you for your help Joseph.

rik

Reply to
RikC