Floor question

Can I have a finished wood floor, such as Bruce, floated on a current vinyl covering or need I go with a Pergo type floor? Norma
If the vinyl is adhered well to the existing floor, you shouldn't have any problems. It's the floor, and it isn't going anywhere...
Norma wrote:

I agree that you should have no problem laying down pre-finished hardwood over an existing vinyl flooring product. The vinyl should be thin enough not to cause any issues with the installation and longevity of the hardwood.