floor molding in garage?

Finishing up phase 1 of finishing the garage (the tape and spackel came out very nice) and thinking about floor molding to keep things easier to clean, and stop those tiny little parts from falling and hiding under the wall. I think it would be nice, but would it defeat the purpose of the pressure treated floor plate on the concrete floor?
I happen to have plenty of 1 x 4 that is warped a bit but still ok to use for molding so cost isn't much.
Then there is stuff made just for garage floors, fake diamond plate and other stuff but that runs from $2 to $4/linear foot. And I think that stuff is all plastic and sticks onto the wall.
Ideas?

"stryped", is that you?
On 1/14/2011 5:31 PM, cavedweller wrote:

No.
On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:26:53 -0500, Tony Miklos

I've never understood why people put sheetrock in a garage, but whatever trips your trigger.....
However, putting non-treated wood against the floor is stupid. Either use something treated, or some plastic molding. Of course, unless you left a huge gap, why not just caulk it.
Then again, if you're as loaded with money as you sound. Go to a welding shop, have them order some stainless steel diamond plate and cut strips of it about 3 inches wide and screw it to the wall with stainless steel screws. Probably will cost several hundred bucks...
One last idea, Vinyl Base, formerly called Rubber Base. Just glue it on, cheap and easy !!!! Will keep you from losing your nuts under the wall.
On 1/14/2011 6:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Well besides that I don't just use it to park cars, I use it to repair cars, and repair other stuff too. I should have put "garage/shop" for the other repairs. Oh, and it is insulated so the insulation must be covered to meet code, not so much code for my area, but code for fire insurance. So an insulated "working" garage with heat, sheetrock to cover the insulation. Now does it make sense?

Yes, the other poster mentioned that, I had forgot about that stuff. I think that's what I'll use. (in my heated and air conditioned shop)
On Jan 14, 6:52pm, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Why put sheetrock in a garage? Because most places require that all walls and ceilings of a garage have a fire rating when directly attached to the home and 5/8" type X sheetrock is the cheapest way to achieve that rating... Even better if BOTH sides of such walls are fire code sheetrock...
Vinyl Cove Base is a very good idea for "trim" in a garage... That suggestion almost makes up for your insane rant against sheetrock being installed in a garage...
~~ Evan
I thought of this before and now it's sounding better....
Pressure treated 1x4 as baseboard molding. After it dries and shrinks I could caulk the bottom of it to the floor. Should make it OK for an occasional hosing down. Any opinions?