floor makes noise when walked on

My house is roughly 2 years old. I notice that when I step on some sections of the carpetted floor, it makes crackling noise - esp if I haven't setpped into a room in a while and if I walk through it now. The noise issue is more so during winter. I also hear pops sometimes behind walls and above ceilings. Should I be worried? or is it normal process of framings going through expansion contraction process.
thanks SS
SS wrote:

Hi, Can you tell what is sub floor? Plywood, OSB? How is it fastened to the joist? Nail from nail gun? Screw and adhesive(preferred)? Are you controlling humidity in the house in winter? My house is 11 year old, no squeaky floor on 3 levels. Tony
Do you have a warranty, its a build quality issue
It is a cookie cutter house and had a one year warranty. I guess the floor is plywood fastened with nails (No glue - do they even use glue in fast paced housing constructions?). We have a humidifier attached to furnace.
You probably don't need to be "worried" about major problems... If you don't have "bounce" in the floors. TB
SS wrote:

Might the crackling noise be the carpet padding?
They sell special braces that can pull a floor tight from underneath,
Would help the group if you included what you are responding to!!!!