floor for screened porch

The floor in our screened porch is regular 5/4 wood deck boards with about

1/4" spacing between boards. SWMBO wants to cover deck boards with a solid flooring to keep out terrible creatures such as wife eating crickets and lizards. What are some floor options for an outside area that gets some moisture during storms? Thanks in advance.
Reply to
Dan-o

If you want to keep the air circulation, how about stapling strips of screening to the underside of the boards? It'd take more vacuuming probably to keep the cracks cleaned out, but it'd keep the circulation going. Otherwise, without really knowing what I'm doing, I'd probably consider outdoor carpetting or linoleum, but either will pretty quickly show the lines of the cracks thru them. Linoleum might hold moisture in there too, come to think of it, if it gets in under the edges.

I think I'd opt for the screen strips. Some of the solutio probably depends on where yo are too, and the kind of weather you get temp wise.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Traditional porch floors were mahogany or fir. Available in T&G. (Last time I bought mahogany for about $1 per foot, 3" wide T&G). There are also newer composites. Here is one.

Make sure you have a slight slope away from house or you will direct water where you do not want it. The porch should drain away from house.

Reply to
No