floor covering - basement

I just rented my former home, couple of prospects that backed out didn't care if basement was carpeted, so I didn't act on it.

This renter wants some sort of covering. I had carpet when I lived there, but had to remove it due to damage from dogs. I left the tack strips installed.

Renter just called and is willing to install vinyl (I assume press on squares) for most of it since her kids can't ruin it. Fine with me.

However, the floor is concrete. Will those stick? Or should I just buy a cheap vinyl and glue around the ends of the sheet? (My kitchen was glued all over which will be a nightmare I'm afraid when I replace it).

I can run by the Cost Less Carpet store tonight, kind of need to know which direction is best.

Reply to
bizee

I would think that self stick, individual, tiles would not stay put without meticulous preparation.

Better, if you want vinyl, would be sheet style. 100% glue down would be best. Perimeter may also be OK, again, with proper prep. If you do go with a glue down and then wanted carpet later I would just go over it and not remove it.

I would say, if basement is dry. Then carpet would be best. It feels best under foot IMO.

Reply to
No