Floor Air Return Vent

I'm remodeling a house which has a floor air return vent. I'd like to replace the register but can't seem to find a source. The vent cover is about 20" x 30" (I don't have the exact measurements right now) but places like Home Depot and Lowes don't seem to carry these. Does anyone know of a source? Thanks.

Reply to
jch

Yellow pages under heating/Air Conditioning

Reply to
Rudy

Home Depot and Lowes are not HVAC supply centers...nor will they ever be...

20X30 is a very common size, and I know of at least 5 places you can get one.. Home Depot and Lowes are not it... 20X24 is more common, so you need the exact measurements, and if its larger, the prices go up quite a bit after that...
Reply to
steve

"Steve@carolinabreezehvac" wrote in message news:_hGZc.121$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net...

Can you share with me a couple of those 5 places? Do any of them have an online presence to order from?

Reply to
jch

I found these folks when I was replacing registers on my old home

Read about how to take the measurements. Fast service and I was pleased with the results. Stuff I bought was cheaper than buying local including the shipping.

Reply to
SQLit

How about here?

down and find your filter size and click on it. Seems 20x30 filters, in packs of 12, are going for $22.55 or $38.44, depending upon quality,

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Bill wrote:>How about here?

I don't think the OP is looking for filters. I made my own floor return vent cover outta oak and heavy-duty metal screening. Pretty easy, really. Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

You're right. I misread the post, and I hadn't even starting drinking yet!

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

GREAT! Thanks.

Reply to
jch

I had to special order mine at a real hardware store. The remaining two that I can't replace will be soaked in liquid paint remover, cleaned of like 5 layers of paint, and primed and painted (gloss white) with my paint gun.

Just go to any of these places and look for a return air register with an odd number for the size (like 5" x 12"). They have 4x12 and 6x12 but no odd numbers in any of their sizes.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

None of the places that I get my materials from sell online, or to non licenced persons....even a floor grille...kinda stupid... I prefer the J&J products...cost less than the parent company products, another well known name, but made better than some of the stuff you can get. For a floor return that large, expect it not to be cheap, not for a good unit.

Reply to
steve

What you are looking for is here:

Style# 265 Floor Grille by Hart&Cooley.

Hart&Cooley Customer Service Phone 800.433.6341 or 616.392.7855 Faxne 800.223.8461

Reply to
Gate