Flooded basement need laundry tips

Ok, so i neglect a vacant house all winter and guess what? The sumps fail. So now i have many sterlite tubs full of clothes (that my wife would prefer to salvage some of) that smell like stagnant water. I've kept everything wet, still in the tubs, but even after regular washing they still smell. (duh). What's gonna be a good procedure to salvage some of the more important items without a smell?
thanks!
--
Steve Barker

First thought is anything that is bleachable, wash it using that. And air drying outside for a couple days could help.
On 6/2/2011 9:33 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

noted, and THANKS!
--
Steve Barker

A Febreze spray might help; it seems to work on many stubborn smelly things. Even gym sox.
Joe
On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 08:52:02 -0500, Steve Barker

Try adding Borax in a wash. I've used 20muleteam brand.