floating floor in kitchen

does anyone here have any experience with floating (laminate, not cork) floor in kitchens?

what are the advantages/disadvantages?

Reply to
j j

Yes I have one. Am scared silly when there is another leak. I had the kitchen sink leak and of course it when all over the floor. Soaked the rugs twice. I used fans and fortunately for me it was hot and not humid. Ran the fans for several days after the leaks. So far no damage is evident. I am considering sealing the floor to the cabinets by some molding and caulk.

Reply to
SQLit

Had Mannington laminate installed at parents townhouse in kitchen, sunroom and baths. The snap together type. Had to fire first contractor who did not follow manufacturers instructions but other than that all is well.

Reply to
Art Begun