Floating 5/8" Bamboo Flooring Over Concrete

I want to float my 5/8" solid bamboo over a concrete slab. I've lived in the house for 14 years and tested the slab and there is no moisture coming up. My plan is to glue the planks together and float them over a moisture barrier. I don't want to add a subfloor and nail the floor down. Is there any reason I can't take standard bamboo planking 36" in length and float it as described above? Are there any disadvantages to doing this?

Thanks

Reply to
traderfjp

What does the manufacturer say?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I live in Miami Florida (hot & humid) and the property has a monolithic slab foundation.

I installed bamboo floor over concrete. I did not float it, it was a glue down application using Franklin® 811 Urethane Mastic. Has been five years and no problem.

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

DeborahCole had written this in response to

: Did you wind up finding out whether this would work?

thanks!

- Debbie snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 320002 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to