fllag burning

If you burn a flag, probably a cotton flag, on the steps, probably limestone steps?, of city hall or the federal building, and you get soot etc. on the steps, how long does the dafacement last?
Assuming the fire is only a millimeter or less above the steps, is there actual damage, or only soot deposits on top of the stone?
On 05/06/2015 01:19 PM, micky wrote:

American flag or Iranian ?

Cotton. This is a serious question.
On 05/06/2015 05:10 PM, micky wrote:

The proper way to dispose of an American flag, indeed is to burn it, but probably not on the steps of City Hall or the Federal building.

Would it leave a permanent stain, a semi-permanent stain**, or would it wash off in the next rain? **If semi-permanent, how many months or years would it likely last?

The soot deposits would depend on the wind currents. The fire itself if you started it at the bottom would burn up, I don't see much if any soot deposit.
but what they conceal is vital."
On 05/06/2015 05:21 PM, micky wrote:

Pure cotton would probably not leave much soot...
It would not remain too long.
By the time you get out of prison, the stairs will be clean

That makes me fell better. (They're cutting my computer time to 2 hours a week.)

Long staple or short?
On 5/6/15 7:17 PM, Neill Massello wrote:

You can't staple a flag to limestone steps. You'd damage the limestone!

'Assume it's not a flag but a light blanket of the same size and material as a flag, that was being used to sit on duing a barbeque, and which somehow caught on fire and burned while on one's cement driveway or limestone steps. How long would the soot or other damage remain, until it rains, forever, or how long?

The flag is laying on the steps?
but what they conceal is vital."

Right.