Flickering display is all i get

My system has been installed for many = 10+ years. Recently it has failed to turn on in any mode. When prompting any of three valves in the system all that happens is that I get a series of flashing time numbers in the time display. They flash for approximately 5 seconds then the time is correctly displayed once again: none of the valves open.

your system uses valves? I'd try transistors
On 02/28/2015 06:44 PM, Mack Lockford wrote:

<snip>
What system?
On 2/28/2015 8:27 PM, philo wrote:

Wasn't it obvious? It's a vehicle, probably Chrysler.
On 2/28/2015 7:44 PM, Mack Lockford wrote:

My inkjet printer flickers like that too. Clean the cartridges and the contacts.
Oh, sorry. I missed the mention of valves. You're having problems with the refueling system for naval ships.
On 2/28/2015 9:00 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Well, in that case, he's a fuel supplier from DevDapXir, the top secret place. As such, he's about to get investigated for breach of confidential info.
The OP obviously doesn't post very often or he/she would have known to tell us what kind of system he is talking about, and to expect lots of grief from not telling us.
On 2/28/2015 7:44 PM, Mack Lockford wrote:

You should drive it to the dealership, for a diagnostic. Can't cost all that much. Are you burning ethanol fuel, or pure gas? It's plenty cold out, be sure to also have the battery checked.