Flexible ducts?

I was about to start to install ducts in my basement and was wondering about flexible ducts. They seem easier to add to my existing ductwork which look like a mad spider. Or whould I be better off ripping out the maze I already have, install a trunk the length of the house, and put in pipes to each room?
Flex ducts are OK when properly sized and properly installed. If you install too few or too small flex ducts, you will not get enough air flow. That will degrade both capacity and efficiency. It may also damage your equipment. Not a good DIY project. By the way, if you must do it, up size the flex 2" above the existing sheet metal duct sizes for the same air flow. Make as nfew bends as possible and support it every few feet so it does not sag.
Stretch
mgarvie wrote:

Flex duct should be consider a last resort. It has many problems including the need to upsize it since it is not as efficient as standard metal duct.
I suggest you stick with standard metal.
BTW how do you know what size and how many and where for the ducts? This should not be a guessing game. Even an experience pro should do the numbers to determine all those things. The wrong size will mean poor service and maybe damaged equipment.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit