Flex Seal?

Looking for a product like Flex Seal. Read some bad reviews about how they do business, but the product is supposedly good.
What I have is, a front door with a side light on each side. The panels are metal, and because (ok don't yell at me!) of neglect, one panel is starting to rust. The problem is, on the exterior, from the factory, they have a piece of moulding at the bottom. Some years ago I caulked it, but haven't kept an eye on it. The caulking has cracked, the wood on the metal panel needs replaced, but I feel the need to treat the base of the panel with something so no further rust will occur. Maybe slap a new piece of treated lumber on the metal by caulking into place to hide the area after applying a rubberized paint. Really don't want to buy a gallon of stuff, which would be go to waste.
Since replacing a new entry door with sidelights is out of the question, ideas appreciated.

We keep our boat dock wood from rotting and the steel posts from rusting by spraying mineral oil on them a couple times a year.

I would not use treated wood in contact with any metal that is not galvanized,.
You can buy Rusteolum in as small as a pint, a half pint maybe.
Prime your replacement piece on all sides, two coats preferably with oil based primer and then paint it all around before you glue it into place.
You should get a good life from it that way.
--
Colbyt
Curt M. wrote:

Step #1 - regardless of what else you do - is to get rid of the rust to bare metal, then prime/paint to prevent further rusting. Check auto body supply places for materials.
--

dadiOH