Fleck mechanical vs. microprocessor water softener control heads?

Does anyone have any experience, comparison-wise, with the Fleck mechanical vs. microprocessor based control heads? The microprocessor one is nice in that it is more programmable and provides feedback on the state of the softener. However, this is only nice if it is dependable and doesn't have problems.

Thanks,

--Barb snipped-for-privacy@arq.net

Reply to
Barb Morse Kasten

"Barb Morse Kasten" wrote

I like the mechanical metered and have sold it for 15 years. In that time I don't think I've had to service as many as a dozen of them out of many hundreds. It is a very solid valve with all the features that are needed plus it has a long service free life. Although I don't know of anything bad about the SE. BTW, if you are thinking of installing it yourself I match or better any price on the internet.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser