Fleck 5600 water-softener

Has anyone tried to replace the Main Piston Assembly with the Seals and Spacers on a Fleck 5600 water-softener due to the main piston sticking but found that the new piston was sticking as well? If you have had this problem please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@charter.net. I have had this problem and am very interested to know if others have also. I will continue to check my e-mail for responses for many years so please write to me no matter how far in the future it may be.
Molly Brown ha scritto:

--
Send from http://www.nonsolonews.net

Go to www.fleck5600.com
Complete instructions and parts

Molly Brown ha scritto:

--
Send from http://www.nonsolonews.net

Molly Brown ha scritto:

motor twice, have checked all the gears and even lubed the piston and seals with dow 111. cant find anything wrong but it will get stuck in the beginning of the brine rinse cycle. ill turn it a little and it will go through the rest of the cycle ok. have you found out what was causing yours to mess up because id like to know.
--
Send from http://www.nonsolonews.net

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Fleck-5600-water-softener-355498-.htm moby49 wrote:
Molly Brown wrote:

Yep similar to another entry below, I have had the problem occur twice so far. First time about 9 months after install and it stripped the internal motor gears. Second time at 12 months after original install. Didn't quite kill motor yet but it will. Second time the entire spacer seal assembly was lubed and replaced. Fleck support suggested that the chemical resistant seal kit be used. Have not tried that. I am looking to go with a different valve if it chews up this timer motor.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Fleck-5600-water-softener-355498-.htm browntj1 wrote: I have been fighting my 5600 for years. I have replaced the piston and brine valve 3 times in 8 years. Now it's sticking again. The motor does not keep time at all (It is running). I repaired the timer motor support pin (broke off 4 years ago. The valves move freely by hand with the power head off.
Did you get your problem resolved? Have you tried a new valve? If so was it another Fleck?
Thanks, Tom.