Fleck 5600 econominder wont draw brine

Fleck 5600 econominder. This is a brand new unit purchased a year ago that has been in storage until now, I just installed the system today. Everything seems to work properly except for one thing, I don't see it drawing brine from the brine tank. The company I purchased the system from has gone out of business. I would like to know, at what point in the cycle does the unit draw brine, and is there a way to test that it is drawing brine correctly.

Right now, the brine tank has just 3-4 inches of water in it from the initial brine tank fill cycle, should it contain more? I haven't added salt yet as I want to make sure the entire cycle works correctly.

Could this be an issue with the float in the brine tank? How exactly does that control the flow?

Thanks

Reply to
RakeKiller

Get this installation guide (first on the page)

-- Oren

Hofstadter's Law - It [a task] always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Reply to
Oren

Installation guide and more at

NapalmHeart