Flattened Sofa Seat Cushions?

SWMBO and I often roost on our three cushion LR sofa reading or watching TV. We sit on the end cushions because a small coffee table in front of the sofa keeps us from being able to stretch our legs out if we sits closer together.
As a result the two end cushions have flattened out noticeably compared to the center cushion. We can't swap the center with one of the ends because the end cushions are L shaped with small sideways projections at their front edges.
The fabric on this sofa is in good shape, plus we have a matching love seat in the room which only seats guests and is in great shape. So, it seems a waste to get rid of both of them just because of those two flattened cushions.
Are there still upholsterers who regularly unstitch cushions, replace the padding and resew them, or is that a bygone art?
Thanks guys,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Are you sure those cushions don't have a zippered opening ? I've never seen one that doesn't . And yes , you do need that fabric covering the foam , it lets it slide against the cover to prevent bunching .
--
Snag

Actually, you need a fiber or dacron wrap on it to protect the foam. The fiber/dacron wrap keeps the foam from drying out and adds additional softness The core could then have a muslin ticking, but it's not nesscesary. The only cushion that would bunch up would be a down cushion and would be remedied by fluffing it
On 02/12/2015 04:07 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I have a friend who does that for a living...she keeps pretty busy.
I am sure there are plenty of re-upholsterers in your town.
BTW: At work , my office chair was horribly beat up. Over the years I watched everyone else get new chairs. but mine was never replaced. Because I spent most of my time "on the road" it never really bothered me and I knew that to get a new one all I'd have to do is ask...but I turned it into a "how long will this take" game.
After who knows six or eight years...one day I was shocked to find a new chair there. Guess what? It was not comfortable like the old one.
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 17:07:05 -0500, Jeff Wisnia

Sure. I have a friend who doees that and some related stuff in Baltmore.
And there are auto upholsterers who might do that stuff too.