Flat washers

I've worked on a lot of refrig. Dirty condensor causes the compressor to change note, sometimes they really sound angry when they are over heated.

I've been known to clear defrost drains with turkey baster and hot water. Suck up the melted ice with the same turkey baster, and put the melt in a separate container.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry, I meant to write the dream where everyone on Usenet is polite, and doesn't try to start useless arguments over trivial nonsense.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't backpedal too far...you might fall off your pedestal.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hey, I thought I was old!!! 8^)

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:5_ILu.563824 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx18.iad:

In Chicago us kids would use street cars. They ran more often.

Were those silver WWII pennies zinc too? Can't recall. Can't recall if we tried the street car on those either.

Reply to
KenK

I thought the '43 - '45 pennies were made of steel? I have a few of them laying around.

Reply to
Lab Lover

Lab Lover wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure you are correct.

Reply to
KenK

They were only made in 1943. They were zinc coated steel.

From 1944 to 1946 they were made out of salvaged brass shell cases with some copper added.

If you have any steel pennies made other than the ones out of the three ments stamped other than 1943 they are worth much money as they would have been made by mistake. I think a very few copper 1943 pennies escaped the mint and are worth a lot. I think there are only about 12 that are known.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Another trick with railroad tracks...

My son tells me that if you take a metal pole and lay it across the tracks close to a railroad crossing, the gates will come down. I've never witnessed it, but he said he did it a couple times when he was a teenager hanging out with some friends that live way out in the country.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

When we were kids the elusive and legendary 6 copper 1943 pennies were our holy grail! To this day I still check the date on all old wheat pennies! :-)

I did not know about the '44 - '46 pennies being made from discarded brass shell casings! Who would have though a penny could be WWII memorabilia!

Reply to
Lab Lover

I am not absolutely positive, but in the USA, I believe such would be a federal offense.

Reply to
Lab Lover

And most likely a Federal offense...good going!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Sorry!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I'm still paying a high price for such a simple thing as cleaning the condenser. Sandy gets under the blanket and rests her little head on my swollen knee. It's odd that the only female of any species who really loves me weighs 11 pounds and can lick her own butt. I think the little critter knows when I don't feel well or when I'm in pain. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Do dat be da mans naime? I alwais be theekn dat sum ol dood naimed Edgar Allan wuz po an aint gots no mony. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

A 100 car plus freight train would make nickel foil out of a 5 cent peice, and a 4 inch copper smudge out of a penny if you could find any remains of it at all.

Reply to
clare

Reply to
gfretwell

So is crushing that penny under the train. I should think about it every time I use a penny for a shot pin washer ... Naaa!

Reply to
gfretwell