Flat washers

Just used a bunch of flat washers on a job, yesterday. Reminds me how the simple things in life are so important.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And at the price of washers, sometimes you would be just as far ahead to drill a hole in a nickle, dime, or quarter to get the right size -

- - -

Reply to
clare

Wow...why don't you just tell us an incoherent dream that you had?

Sure it's not "LSD" instead?

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Hear, hear!

Reply to
Adam Kubias

Astounding, someone knows the diff between homonyms hear and here.

What simple devices (other than correct spelling and punctuation) do you use?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Later today maybe I'll use a couple self drilling sheet metal screws. The door panel on my drivers side door is not properly atached.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, and less likely to rust.

I worked at a factory one time, I heard of but wasn't involved in the action. The challenge was for the day shift to adhere a quarter on the cement floor near the time clock, and the night shift was challenged to remove it before day shift came back. They used various adhesives and what not, I thought it was a bit comical.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You mean the dream where everyone on Usenet is polite? That one?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't you know that is #121.5 use for duct tape!

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Duct Tape, a hammer and ratchet set are involved in 99% of repair jobs I do. Not all at once, but at least one of the above.

Reply to
Adam Kubias

was that to wash flat clothes?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

I'd already used a ratchet, but not yet a hammer. Duct tape (or gorilla tape) would finish the job very nicely. I'm so glad you wrote.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Snip

I worked at a factory one time, I heard of but wasn't involved in the action. The challenge was for the day shift to adhere a quarter on the cement floor near the time clock, and the night shift was challenged to remove it before day shift came back. They used various adhesives and what not, I thought it was a bit comical.

Reply to
WW

Last night me and JH serviced the refrigerator. We cleaned the condenser and unclogged the defrost drain from the freezer using the long skinny brush I have for it and made good use of the small shop vac we have. The fridge runs better and there is no more water on the floor due to a clogged drain line. It was a simple but pain in the ass job and now my left knee has swelled to the size of my thigh because I was crawling around on the floor. At least the fridge is working properly. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Braze the quarter to a pin - or a lag screw. Drill the concrete floor. Insert the pin or lag with hydraulic cement or epoxy. It will be there 'till it gets worn off.

Reply to
clare

Ratchet first - when that doesn't work, take the hammer to it - and then tape it back together with duct tape.

Reply to
clare

That, coming from you? The guy who uses the term "moaner" for any poor soul that ends in a.h.r from homeownershub through no fault of their own?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Flat washers. The last of life for which the first was made.

Reply to
micky

Braze to a cement sinker nail, and put it in with sledge hammer?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Did you ever put a penny on the rail road tracks, and come back to find it rolled flat? I've done that. Wonder if it works with the new zinc pennies?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon