Flat Top Range Burner Problem

I need help diagnosing a burner problem with my flat top KitchenAid Range (2 years old). The burner I use the most is no longer heating to the 'max' heat temperature. When it does, it is supposed to glow red for a few minutes. A maximum temp. setting simply makes the burner warm (like a medium or simmer heat). All the other burners and oven work as they should.

My troubleshooting guide in my user's manual has no mention of potential individual burner problems.

Can anyone guess what the problem may be? Is it a fuse or something (my manual does not mention the need to change any fuses).

Thanks! Paula

Reply to
Paula

The range's exact model number would be the most help so we can look up how it was designed and what parts it uses. The only reliable place to find that is right on the appliance's identification tag,

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

It may be a bad control switch, a defective element (depending on the type used on your model), a defective 'thermal limiter' (which if defective may not be available separately from the element) or a very slim chance a problem in the stove's wiring for that burner.

If there were a fuse, it being defective would usually stop the heating *totally*. But I don't know of any fuses used in conjunction with such burners besides the thermal limited mounted on the element itself (under the glass top).

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to