Flat roof repair options

Page 3 of 3

Here's what I'd do. Use roll roofing about the same thickness as the original. Apply a good coat of roofing cement on the 2" you slide under the old stuff. Roofing nails every 4" along the 20', at the overlap and the bottom. Done.
--Vic
Vic Smith wrote:

Thanks Vic. I like that idea and I think that's what we'll end up doing.
Jay-B wrote:

Vic,
Oops, I had to post the above reply from a different account and I just realized that it showed up as being from "Jay-B" -- but it is actually from me, the OP, a.k.a. "Ron".
Also, I just met with the person that I have doing the work and he thought your idea of just using roll roofing, roofing cement, and roofing nails at the overlap makes sense. So, we are skipping the idea of using the Liberty self-adhesive roll roofing system etc. Your suggestion should work fine and be much easier and less expensive to do.
Thanks again.