Flat roof on extension

Hi all,

I have a flat roof extension, about 5 meters by 3 meters ish, and it has developed a few splits down the long edge.

Can anybody advise me on whats best to do? As far as I know at this time, the rest of the roof is fine. We have no leaks that we know of, so would it be best to patch it? What about Bitumen Waterproofer from Wickes? I have no experience of roofing incase you hadnt noticed :)

Cheers,

Jim

Reply to
wildginger2003

You might need to cut back any lifted edges along the splits, then tar, embed some fibreglas mesh tape, then more tar. Bitumin is tar, by the way. Tom

Reply to
tom

Cheers for that Tom, I shall give it a go.

Reply to
wildginger2003