Flat Roof - Insurance Carrier Not Willing to handle?

My house has a flat roof .. its a twin, over 40 years old. I am finding that some insurance carriers will not issue coverage for flat roofs, citing damage potential.
Interested in your experiences

Probably not, at least I found none when searching carefully last summer. Existing framework for screen windows was lined by half-inch battens, so I cushioned these with foam tape (sold by the glazing store) and simply set panes of glass against them, held in place by similar battens inside. Thus I could do all the work single-handed and from indoors.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs