flat gravel roof - how to repair

Hello, I have an existing gravel roof that I want to repair. There is a big area that is flat. I just got a quote from a roofer to repair the whole roof where he would lay two coats of fiberglass membrane with hot tar and then a granule surfaced roofing sheet to protect the roof. He would guarantee this job for 10 years. My question is if instead of doing that, I can just remove all the gravel myself (since it is VERY loose) and then just coat the entire roof with one of those elastomeric roof coatings like this one:
http://www.koolseal.com
And not worry about the roof for a good 10 years. Does anyone have any suggestions if this would be a good idea? Or if I was to hire a roofing contractor, what would be the best choice to repair and roof that has a big area that is flat?
Thanks before hand, Adiel
look into a rubber roof, I beleive you will see alot longer life
mark Ransley wrote:

Hmm. thought a crystal ball was used for that purpose..
Thanks for your reply. I actually got a comment from someone who talked to a local roof inspector. They said that even though these new rubber roofs are guaranteed for up to 20 years, he says that in his opinion a tar roof that is well built will last longer than the new rubber roofs.
Any comments on this anyone?
Thanks, Adiel
Any comments on this anyone? Also does anyone have other recommendations for fixing a flat roof (besides a new pitched roof because its out of my budget)? :) Thanks, Adiel