Flashlights, old style, hundreds of them...

Hey Stormin, izzat motel where you get your wives from? Where you get married?? Both????? Cousin performs the ceremony?? Just curious....

I imagine you take care of the motel's A/C??

Reply to
Existential Angst

It's a shame in a way but since I got on to BBS's then The Interweb, I read a write more than I did when I was in college. I used to live in the various libraries when I was in school. Now If I want to know something, I switch on the computer and have a world of information at my fingertips. The only problem is having to filter out the huge steaming piles of male bovine droppings. *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'm reminded why I had you filtered out. I saw you had mentioned flash lights. Which was kind of neat. Sadly, though, it's as Al Gore said. A leopard can't change his stripes.

Stormin Mormon

Can you turn them into vibrators? At $39.95 each you could recoup your investment rather quickly.

Reply to
HeyBub

Not in Alabama, the legislature passed a law against selling sex toys. According to this article, Texas has a similar law. Aren't Bible thumpers as entertaining as Liberals when they get a chance to make law?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Approximately 47% of the households don't pay _federal_ income taxes, due to their incomes being too low, or by qualifying for various deductions and credits. The Child Tax Credit is a biggie, both in terms of dollars and the number of households that claim it. You can earn up to $50K and, if you have at least two qualifying children, end up paying no federal income tax.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

Nothing to do with the Bible - it's a public health issue.

And they're not illegal in Texas - I bought one last week for my girlfriend.

I needed a rest.

I only provided one set of batteries, though. I'm not stupid.

Reply to
HeyBub

Oh yea, thousands of women have been found dead in their beds with a silly smile on their face.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Not to mention, you have to keep reminding yourself that not all information is on the 'net, Older stuff especially, will likely never be on the internet. Just because Google and Bing can't find a fact does not mean it isn't out there.

Reply to
aemeijers

If I recall properly. Google wants to digitize the contents of every library in existence but is running into resistance. Hey, I made a rhyme!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Get a giant table and line up the flashlights and aim them at a neighor's window (at night). Turn them ON and watch your neighbor cry.

Reply to
Stepfann King

In , Existential Angst wrote in part:

I find them to be common, and to be commonly offered for sale at most retail establishments where one can buy flashlights, even as of early

2010.

Do keep in mind that some flashlight "brands" have an interest in battery (or "cell") sales, and may have a profit motive to sell less-energy-efficient ones.

Also, keep in mind that a flashlight delivering a beam as bright as that achieved with a PR-2 incandescent lamp is still more expensive to manufacture with LEDs as opposed to a PR-2 incandescent lamp, especially when considering the cost of voltage-boost circuitry for a bright white LED flashlight working well and reliably from 1 or 2 1.5V cells.

Don Klipstein