Flashlights, old style, hundreds of them...

Page 3 of 3

I'll take them all, and give you a certificate of appreciation.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

That kind of reminds me of The National Lampoon's "Mail a meal" campaign from the early 1970's. If a kid didn't want to eat his broccoli, he could mail it to the starving children in Africa. I haven't read one of their magazines in years, I hope they are still blatantly politically incorrect.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Sadly, they went belly up years ago. Cable TV and Internet proved too much competition for the amusement dollar. (MAD magazine will likely follow them to that great newsstand in the sky shortly. They are down to a quarterly publication at this point. In publishing world, that means 'start sending out resumes'.)
Their most reliable brain, PJ O'Rourke, is still out there, though. You can google his name for more recent biting satire.
--
aem sends...

aemeijers wrote:

It's a shame in a way but since I got on to BBS's then The Interweb, I read a write more than I did when I was in college. I used to live in the various libraries when I was in school. Now If I want to know something, I switch on the computer and have a world of information at my fingertips. The only problem is having to filter out the huge steaming piles of male bovine droppings. *snicker*
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Not to mention, you have to keep reminding yourself that not all information is on the 'net, Older stuff especially, will likely never be on the internet. Just because Google and Bing can't find a fact does not mean it isn't out there.
--
aem sends...

aemeijers wrote:

If I recall properly. Google wants to digitize the contents of every library in existence but is running into resistance. Hey, I made a rhyme!
TDD

My wife says she will take 20
33928
Hell you might be able to get rid of all of them and put a few bucks in your pocket. Do you have a Pay Pal account?
Existential Angst wrote:

Can you turn them into vibrators? At $39.95 each you could recoup your investment rather quickly.
HeyBub wrote:

Not in Alabama, the legislature passed a law against selling sex toys. According to this article, Texas has a similar law. Aren't Bible thumpers as entertaining as Liberals when they get a chance to make law?
http://www.nerve.com/dispatches/kurutz/toystory /
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Nothing to do with the Bible - it's a public health issue.
And they're not illegal in Texas - I bought one last week for my girlfriend.
I needed a rest.
I only provided one set of batteries, though. I'm not stupid.
HeyBub wrote:

Oh yea, thousands of women have been found dead in their beds with a silly smile on their face.
TDD
Get a giant table and line up the flashlights and aim them at a neighor's window (at night). Turn them ON and watch your neighbor cry.