Flashlight temptation

Page 7 of 16
On Sat, 7 May 2016 15:54:11 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Snip made by meanie to let him morph what's been said restored:

You talking about Stormin' ? Or do you fancy cave people had books of allegories?

Aren't 50% of yanks religious? I'm assuming a lot of you are American.
--
The squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws on the other two hides!

Assume your heart out. I don't know. Do you?

Yes, I'm American. Yes, the alt.survival group is heavily American with people from Australia, Canada, and a few other places.
What's your train of logic that assumes I'm in one particular half ? Of your assumed demographics ?
What's your train of logic that let's you morph flashlights into seeing the one true path to the god or goddess of your choice ? And that I've taken such a route ?
You must represent a nation of mind readers. Not very good ones, mind you, but mind readers none-the-less.

Pretty sure.

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the group.

I'm an atheist. WTF are you on about?
--
Paddy and his wife are lying in bed and the neighbours' dog is barking like mad in the garden.
Paddy says "To hell with this!" and storms off.
On 5/7/2016 5:09 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

When an atheist sneezes, should I say "nothing bless you"?
When you drop a rock on your foot, do you scream "Nothing damn it!"?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

There is no need to say anything after a sneeze. It's simply your body expelling something jammed in your nose.

No, I shout "FUCK!"
Why would I want to believe in god just so I have a larger variety of swearwords at my disposal?
--
Boys who rub me up the wrong way come to a sticky end. -- Stephen Fry

On 5/7/2016 6:14 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I wonder if religious swear words are tax deductible, being church and all. Of course, it may be different in UK versus USA.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

It is true that churches get away with far too much. They're a waste of space, a useful building could be put there.
--
During training exercises, the lieutenant driving down a muddy back road encountered another car stuck in the mud with a red faced colonel at the wheel. "Your jeep stuck, sir?" asked the lieutenant as he pulled alongside.
"Nope," replied the colonel, coming over and handing him the keys, "*Yours* is."
On 5/7/2016 7:49 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

What do you consider useful? Laundry machines, or maybe a used appliance store?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sat, 7 May 2016 20:32:29 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Around here, most of the stores that went empty during the Great Bush Economic Adjustment have reopened.
Unfortunately, they are now places like title loans, e-vapor shop, we buy gold, that sort of thing. Suck the last remaining wealth out of the folks going down for the last time. And lots of one-off fast food places. Donuts seem to be the current fad.
2016 23:49:33 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I'm generally inclined to agree with you...
On 5/7/2016 5:10 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

How about some Ancient Druidic curse. Much more colorful and some of the Demons you summon might actually be interesting.

As intelligence increases with each generation, religion decreases.
--
The squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws on the other two hides!

On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:09:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Can you prove a decrease in religion results in an increase of intelligence ? There seem to be examples to the contrary here.

I'd say the increase in intelligence causes the decrease in religion. Clever folk realise what they've been taught is a load of shite.
--
"If you have voted after you are dead, there is a good strong possibility that you did something illegal." -- Kevin Shwedo, California DMV director

On 5/7/2016 5:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Some people increase intelligence as they increase religion. My church congregation has a couple doctors, and a couple attorneys. Those professions tend to continuing education.
As for me, I've taken a couple classes at a college, and do some other self improvement.
For example, I've been studying flashlights.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/7/2016 6:47 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote: ...

You were likely smarter or at least more realistic then. But I can see where it is more comforting to delude one's self.

Maybe he has early onset dementia?
--
My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed.
I turned to her and said, "Do you want to have sex?"

That's pushing it on people.

Plenty of charities to help folk without being connected with religion. I'd rather donate to one where all the money goes to help people han half of it paying for churches.
--
What's a diaphragm?
A trampoline for dickheads.
On 05/08/2016 07:07 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

He is only telling you what he is and where to follow up if you are interested. That is not pushing things on anyone.
Seems to me that any mention of a religoun other than your own (atheist) offends you. And that is religious intolerance.