Flashlight temptation

Page 4 of 16
On Mon, 2 May 2016 02:11:23 -0600, GOWGN

restaurants where most "REAL" Americans eat.

packed away. That is part of the essence of being a Mormon.
On 5/2/2016 1:50 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sadly, only a small percent of Mormons have a year supply of any thing -- except debt. Many Mormons I've met have a couple tons of wheat, but have never lived on a whole wheat diet. They are in for some intestinal distress when that happens.
On Mon, 2 May 2016 14:09:26 -0400, Stormin Mormon

canned beans. (or bullets)
On 5/2/2016 2:31 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I do believe you are correct. I expect the Mormon Marketplace to be glutted with bags of Walton Wheat. Be interesting to see what is in high demand.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
PaxPerPoten wrote:

I have a wide variety of seeds ... some in long-term storage in the freezer , but a lot right here at my elbow - the ones for planting in the next few days are on my desk . Mostly field peas and squashes . Got the last of the 'maters in the ground today , peppers are doing nicely and the zukes and okra are coming up . Salad greens didn't do well this year , weather was too weird .
--
Snag

On 5/2/2016 10:41 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I have a bunch of stuff in, but the ground is still a bit cold and germination is slow. I put in some Round-up-ready sweetcorn. That ends the seeding problem for that produce. I am scouting out some English Ivy or Boston ivy to provide a good climber for shady privacy screen. I think that can be raised from cuttings but not sure. Maybe there is even more aggressive vines available for shady area's?

PaxPerPoten wrote:

Have you considered kudzu ?
--
Snag

On 5/3/2016 3:07 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

We had Kudzu down by Sherman Texas for grazing. I wasn't aware that it was a climbing vine. I don't think it can survive our Northern winters. But I will look into it. Thank you.
PaxPerPoten wrote:

Actually I was joking ... down in Mississippi and other rural areas in The South it was planted to control erosion . Big mistake , that stuff grows so fast you can watch it grow . Overtakes and kills most anything in it's way and has actually taken down power and telephone lines from it's weight .
--
Snag

On 5/6/2016 8:11 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Yes, I know...It is called the plant that killed the South. Came from Japan in the 1800's. Pennsylvanian was the first import planting. I am seriously considering Boston Ivy for my use though. By the way I ate Kudzu in many Vietnamese recipes as I imagine most military folks of that Era have. Southerners should never starve to death with that stuff around. Send some to the Mormon for his 2 year supply stash. Add some seed to his BOB. ;-p Up side is that you don't have to weed it. It even chokes out trees.
On 5/6/2016 11:54 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote:

vehicle to the car wash. Rinse off the road salt, and clean it up a bit. Hmm. Well, today is a good a day as any.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Mon, 2 May 2016 08:00:59 -0400, burfordTjustice wrote:

You are repeating yourself. See reply above.
On 5/1/2016 12:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I saw one of these somewhere, probably Dollar General and was wondering how they powered the LED from a single 1.5 V battery. I thought about getting one since I don't have one like it which is good enough reason, but also to see how good it works if it works and that kind of thing. Looks like some reviews on Amazon for one like it. I found no tear downs for one on Youtube. Pure research here... we gotta know these things. Inquiring minds want to know. (Amazon.com product link shortened)
On 5/1/2016 5:41 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:

How do you power a 1000W car stereo amplifier from a 12V battery?
power = volts*volts / ohms 1000 = 12 * 12 / R R=1/7 ohm? (I think not!)
[For pedants, try at 14V -- and again at ~9]
On 5/1/2016 8:41 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:

Years ago, Dorcy came out with some LED lights that used one AAA cell. Aparently, someone smarter than myself made a voltage multiplier circuit, and made it small enough to go into small flash lights.
Might have been Infinity Light, used one AA cell. Not really super bright, but beats being in the dark.
My question with with the 1D light from Dolgen, is it bright enough to be useful?
I may end up buying one to find out.
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 7:58:46 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Shouldn't you be looking for a nice Mormon lady that will keep you warm in that trailer?
On Sun, 1 May 2016 18:04:34 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain

look for real "work".
I know it's nice to be your own boss, but sometimes even a small "paycheck" from "employment" is better than starving from your own lack of business.
On 5/1/2016 8:41 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:

The reviews answer some of my questions. Don't ever drop the light, and about 2/3 as bright as a three LED light. And the ones with the slide switch (like Dollar General) ones don't work very well.
Thank you, that's very useful. My liklihood of buying one just went way down

circuit that allows you to get the last little bit out of non -rechargeable batteries.
It converts 1.3+/- volts to the 3 or 5 or whatever required to light the LED as well as (on the good ones) limiting the LED current to a safe level.