Flashlight temptation

Page 3 of 16

Nope. Not a roundhead - just a squarewhead with the corners knocked off

On 5/2/2016 6:17 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

So..your stupidity is a birth defect and not genetic. n
On 05/02/2016 10:47 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The only thing left would be an air of condescension

I haven't seen any evidence of that... But then again we'll have an election and a new round of promises. Both house erection will be overshadowed by the Prez erection and you know most people don't look beyond their noses.
--
Tekkie

On Sat, 07 May 2016 15:47:10 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

Too bad 9-11 had nothing to do with Bush's festivities against the wrong countries in the Middle East. Why didn't he attack Saudi Arabia and Egypt. Oh, I forgot, he liked to hold hands with the prince.
Too bad Bush knew about Muslims that wanted to learn how to fly but not interested in landing. And did NOTHING.
Me? If I ever find myself at the controls of an airplane, I can assure you knowing how to land will be on the very top of my agenda.
On 5/1/2016 5:14 PM, T wrote:

Maybe you can get a good paying job in China working for GM(Chinese owned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo

On 05/01/2016 10:35 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote:

Or buy a new car from Harbor Freight?
On Sun, 1 May 2016 16:31:54 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Your name is well chosen. Yes, believe it or not there are a great many people who have almost zero discretionary funds. Every cent they earn is earmarked for absolute essentials.
Naturally this opens all sorts of political diatribe and rhetoric but even after we sort out the terminally lazy, the products of public education, the mentally deficient, etc, there are still many millions of people in the situation.
I have little hope this will change; it will probably get worse. Most of the much lauded new job creation we hear about lately in fact represents people who had to move from skilled middle class jobs to mind numbing minimum wage, or worse, jobs. Responsible people with good work ethics that we simply don't need any more.
Let them starve in the streets, forced sterilization, massive incarceration for trivial reasons, or invent a society/economy that no one has yet begun to conceive. Your call. Might want to ask candidates some real questions.
On 5/1/2016 6:19 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:

Because I asked a question about $2.50? If you're that uptight about a simple question, then you should stay away when I'm a real prick.
Yes, believe it or not there are a great

On Sun, 1 May 2016 18:37:46 -0400, Meanie wrote:

It has nothing to do with whether I'm uptight. It's about the intent of your post. Nice attempt to shift the goal post.
No one thinks it was an honest question. Either you accept what Stormin' wrote or you are calling him a liar and taking him to task. Or putting him down because he is poor.
Your style and your chosen screen name both show your intent to attack targets of convenience on whatever basis you can drum up.
Now, be a man, step up, and take on the issues I raised - or be written off as a troll.
On 5/1/2016 8:04 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:

Wow, you seem to know everything about me. I didn't realize you were the spokesperson for everyone and SMs personal bodyguard.
You have no idea of my intent. SM answered the question and I'm content with it. I have no idea what he does for a living or perhaps retired or whatnot. I'm surprised that $2.50 is substantial for some people. Though, I owe you no explanation.
Frankly, I don't give a shit what you think. Put me in your troll killfile, stop whining about your uptight issues and fuck your self-righteous hypothesis.
On Mon, 2 May 2016 05:55:59 -0400, Meanie wrote:

That is the sad thing. You seem to have little understanding or sympathy for what life may be like for other people.
It surprises me that you say you are surprised that someone my not have $2 to spare on a lark. It either shows you are looking for a way out of being called on what has all the hallmarks of an intentional zinger or else you are truly out of touch with the way things are in the world.
"meanie.brat" sort of gives us a clue which it is.
On 5/2/2016 7:32 AM, Winston_Smith wrote:

...and I'm not surprised at your uptight name displaying your desire of self appointed savior attempting to direct the path of others to believe and act as you. It clearly shows you are truly out of touch by overcompensating for your lack of supremacy and recognition within this "me" society.
I have little sympathy for self-righteousness. Now killfile me or STFU.
On Mon, 2 May 2016 10:34:12 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Why do you keep trying to shift the subject from poverty in America to my behavior. To whether I'm uptight or not.
I posted what I posted. You are free to agree or disagree. If I posted a factual error, you are free - invited - to correct it. Instead you make it your take on my behavior, my views, how you micro-psychoanalyze me. Typical troll.

Well, that could be. Or not. Please tell us WHAT I am out of touch with and why you think the personal finances of millions are not how I described them. I hope you can prove that there are NOT millions living hand to mouth. I'll rest better if you can make that case.

Nice try troll. You get to troll on and I go blind so I can't call you on it. I give up everything, you give up nothing. Sounds like a fair deal. To you.
On Mon, 2 May 2016 18:27:19 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Ah, that would be you. Thank you for playing.
"Now who ..." ??? Now that you shifted the goal posts hoping to get out from under. Let's stick with the content of the original post.

Ooooh, a challenge. A personal attack. The troll's way to try to suck someone into a pissing contest.

Good, I assume you won't bother replying anymore.
On Mon, 2 May 2016 08:02:48 -0400, burfordTjustice wrote:

I'm not one of the unfortunate ones. Still, my ISP only costs $12.95 per month which includes usenet access, multiple e-mail accounts, and a personal web site.
Have you tried living today without internet?
Winston_Smith wrote on 5/1/2016 3:19 PM:

Tumbrel and guillotines? No dice! It ain't 1789.
Now, "the powers that be" and "the men behind the curtain" have safe havens overseas. The rich and powerful can never be found by the disgruntled peasants.
On 5/1/2016 5:19 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:

The way inflation is going...That scenario could very well happen and soon for fixed income people. $10-$15 per hour minimum wage won't cut it now, It certainly won't cut what is coming soon. I suggest that the Mormon buy some seeds and start planning his winter meals now!

On 5/2/2016 12:54 AM, PaxPerPoten wrote:

Been a while, but I've heard that the US gov says there is no inflaion. But, that consumers are in real pain due to increased prices, and smaller packaging portions at the store. I've noticed some items have shrunk, over the years. Ice cream went from half galon (two quarts) to 1.5 quarts. Other food items have shrunk, also. Pound of spaghetti now contains 13 ounces, in some packages.
I don't have enough acres to plant much of any thing. But, the concept is so true. We may be at the point of needing victory gardens.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 05/02/2016 12:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Don't worry! We'll all be living in the company dorm soon and we'll have plenty of fish heads and rice to eat.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/26/technology/26foxconn.html?_r=0