Flashlight temptation

Page 16 of 16
On 05/11/2016 12:52 AM, Bod wrote:

Oh brother. People fall away when they get affluent.
Cherry pick. Maybe. Christians are always in a state of spiritual warfare. The Holy Spirit convicts us and eventually we get better at following Jesus teachings.
Please do not lump the Koran and the Bible together. One teaches hatred and violence to your neighbor, the other teaches tolerance and love for your neighbor.
On 11/05/2016 09:43, T wrote:

Hmm! "an eye for an eye". What a lovely sentiment. Which of those two categories does that quote come from? Surely you're not cherry picking!!? Are you?
--
Bod

On 5/11/2016 2:52 AM, Bod wrote:

I don't think any individual religion has everything correct, but I do think many religions make an attempt to acknowledge that there is a greater power involved in our existence, which, in turn, acknowledges that mankind is not equivalent to being a god.
IMO, there is too much evidence that it took intelligence to create everything we see around us.
--
Maggie

On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:

Hi Muggles,
I sometimes refer to God as the Master Bioengineer. :-)
My unscientific observation is that a lot of intelligent folks do believe in God. Einstein's saying as "How did he do it?" The more you realize you don't know, the more humble you become and the more you realize their is someone's hand in all this.
First sentence of the Nicene Creed: "We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."
Wisdom of Sirach, chapter 38, v6, KJV: And he hath given men skill, that he might be honoured in his marvellous works.
Glory be to God! -T
It also helps when you have a personal relationship with Jesus (God) and one of his saints. Can we say "voices in our heads?" :-)

It depends on someone being fucked enough in the head to jump to conclusions instead of finding out the often more interesting actual cause.

No, it's the sense to realise that there is no point in believing something there is no proof of, and which is very unlikely.
You're backwards way first thinking is like saying I'm a type of piano player because I avoid playing pianos.
--
CONGRESS.SYS corrupted... Re-boot Washington D.C. (Y/N)?

On 5/7/2016 2:54 PM, Meanie wrote:

What do you have against allegories?
--
Maggie

On 5/7/2016 1:54 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Which parts are fiction?
--
Maggie

Sorry. I physically cut the D open. It was a AA. Don't generalize from your one experience. I'm sure different brands had different ratings between sizes.

There is evidence of all those things.
--
Lysdexia: a peech imspediment we live to learn with...

On Wed, 4 May 2016 19:22:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon

While I do have some inexpensive LED flashlights and lanterns - one with a crank generator, I bit the bullet in the last couple of years and got some better lighting.
For better made lighting with reasonable battery life, try dorcy.com A step up from there is fenix-store.com/
The 200 lumen Dorcy "camping" lantern ($23) runs 39 hours on 3 D cells http://www.dorcy.com/p-410-41-3103-200-lumen-camping-lantern.aspx
The 65 lumen "warm white area" lantern ($25) runs 60+ hours on 3 D cells This also has a "nightlight" amber LED with unspecified run time. http://www.dorcy.com/p-637-41-3104-warm-white-led-area-lantern.aspx
I have both and will report when (if) power is off long enough to provide a valid test. In 11 years at this location, the longest outage was about 16 hours - that was before I had these lights.
For an every day carry flashlight, look at the Fenix E12. http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-e12-led-flashlight/ I initially thought it was a bit pricey ($26) and put off buying it for a while. However, unlike most of the inexpensive LED lights, I've never had to shake or thump it to get good contact with the battery - even if it's been sitting for months (same is true for my two AA MagLite with LED conversion). The E12 uses one AA cell and the specs are: High - 130 Lumens (1 hour 30 minutes) Mid - 50 Lumens (6 hours 30 minutes) Low - 8 Lumens (40 hours) I don't remember the last time I changed the battery in it and even with recent use for two nights as the nightlight in a hotel room that didn't have one, it's still bright on the highest setting. It's waterproof to 6 feet for 30 minutes - and has been through the washing machine once (shirt pockets not checked).