Flashlight module for home repair

I returned the failed Teralux extreme

5 EX module, the one that over heated. Bought another one.

Put the module into a mini mag, and put in Ni MH cells.

Left it turned on, for half an hour. Still bright white light (beam does focuss wide or spot). Still white, not the blue fog I despise.

The light is warm, but I can easily hold it in my hand without it feeling "hot". It's about

BTW, the Nite Ize one watt light I'd been using is blue fog. Yikk.

Success.

Here is the same item, same seller. Different Ebay listing:

Use for looking under sinks, replacing breakers, etc, etc.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So how many watts is this unit? I've replaced the light in one of my mini mags and I think now the reflector is broken and am having trouble with the switch. From the pic, it looks like it has a new reflector. It looks like I'll be picking up a few of these in the near future.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Current draw 0.57 amps. 0.57 x 2.4 volts = about 1.4 watts.

I remember the filament bulbs at about 0.7 amps at 3 volts, for 2.1 watts.

Batteries should last longer. The module does come with new reflector. Please let us know how it works, for you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

why spend a lot of money when harbor freight gives away for FREE LED flashlights?

they have both the normal flashlight shape, and a flat blue one with many LEDs, includes a hanger and magnet and a directed reflector LED lamp assembly at one end for FREE, or just a few bucks if you buy them.....

Reply to
bob haller

This one is the proper size to fit nicely in my pocket. It's also a familiar action (twisty) and I'm already in the habit.

The free 3/27 is far too large to fit. The short ones can be made to work, but I prefer AA cells.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Seems like most all of the flashlights for sale or given away free at Harbor Freight all use AAA batteries. I'd rather use AA batteries instead.

Reply to
KLayton888

thats certinally your choice, i rather assume the larger AAs is to minimize battery changes...

I accidently left one of the free harbor freight flashligts on over a weekend in my tool kit..

found it monday still burning brightly

Reply to
bob haller

sale or given away free at Harbor Freight all use AAA batteries. I'd rather use AA batteries instead.

I find that AA cells cost the same, and last twice as long. Easy choice, for me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

larger AAs is to minimize battery changes...

flashligts on over a weekend in my tool kit..

Was it the round one with nine LED, or the hanger hook one with 3 and 27 LED?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

the round one. incidently I have seen LED flashligts with enough room for a AA, they had a adapter to hold the smaller AAA.

in the pittsburgh area harbor freight opened a new store. I now have a massive collection of free flashlights, free VOMs, free screw drivers, free tarps, free screwdrivers.

my fiance suggests we should give everyone we know a christmas gift of free harbor freight tools:)

Reply to
bob haller

I'd not seen AA to AAA adapters. Neat.

The short three cell light lasted all weekend? That's beyond amazing.

I already do give HF free for Xmas gifts. Many people have commented how bright the free lights are. Two boys (one age three, other about nine) totally frieked out out over the free 25 foot tape measure.

Wait till I give away utility knives and razor blades.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

em51c0c75075

Mag makes great cases, but I've been carrying a Fenix E11 in my pocket for quite some time (fed w/ Eneloops) and it's an easy no muss no fuss solution . I think it's discontinued now though, but I'm sure that they make someth ing equally good to replace it - I just haven't felt the need as mine is st ill going strong, although looking a little beat up.

nate

Reply to
N8N

For under sinks etc, I use the cheapest headlamp I could find. Rayovac I think, was about $12 or so, just one LED.

Reply to
TimR

If you like headlamps, I have an older model Zebralight that's where it's at as far as headlamps go. Runs on 18650s though so if you don't have a recharging solution for Li-Ions there's a small infrastructure investment to be made.

Reply to
N8N