Flashing Siding To Roof

What size of roll flashing would you recommend between the porch roof and the siding on this elevation?
http://mropartner.com/frontelevation.htm
Bgreer5050 wrote:

I don't know about "roll flashing". I am not familiar with that term. I would use wall angle at that juncture. I like to have mine custom made and I have it bent with 6" exposed and 6" up the wall. Cover the wall side with Ice and water shield sealing the felt or housewrap over the flashing. This seals any nail holes that you have to make through the siding and through the flashing.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Gonna have to do a very similar area (first pic) myself when I finish the main body roof.
Believe he is talking about the flashing material that comes on a roll various widths 10/14/20",etc. Stuff you bend yourself. I've seen it in aluminum and galvanized.
Haven't seen it myself but online it seems the Borg has Roll Stock Vinyl Flashing. Anyone ever use it? Pros or cons?
Never dealt with putting it on a house with vinyl siding. I know there's a tool to pull siding. What about that bottom piece where the siding meets the roof? Nailed in?
Al Bundy wrote:

Around here we call that valley flashing or coil stock.

Would never use vinyl anywhere that is in the sun or needs to be protected from water intrusion.

All vinyl siding is nailed loosely (or should be). I have never had a problem removing it or getting it back on. Just use a flat bar.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

'round here too.

That just about leaves indoor use only...

Thanks for the reply...