flashing for a metal roof

I have a hip roof porch that covers the whole front of my house and comes out from the wall. It has down slopes at each end with a hiorizontal portion in the middle, as you face the front. Shouldn't flashing for a metal roof that intersects a wall, come down from behind the siding and be on top of the metal roofing? I know how to do channel flashing on the down sloped sides, but what about the horizontal run
____________________________________ Posted via Homerepairlive.com http://www.homerepairlive.com
yeah, flashing should be behind siding and over metal. check out metal sale's website and look for a flashing called a "pitch break". this site has details of how it is installed. you can bend this yourself if you have access to a brake.