Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven

Wow. I just watched the store security video of this event:

Is this Detroit? Or Atlanta?

Planet of the Apes?

Wow.

This is why you can't pay me enough to live in the states.

Reply to
Home Guy

alt.home.repair.

I think you're looking for Facebook. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Yes, but WE have hope and change!!!!

Reply to
Ken

I'm not sure who is worse...these petty shoplifters or the thieves on Wall Street in charge of my 401k or the senators and congress critters that do legal insider trading.

Reply to
Bernt Berger

Not all the YooEss is like that. and I don't know exactly where this happened, but Silver Spring is kind of diverse... there's affluent areas, and not-so-affluent areas. One theme in common though (and this holds true for all the Metro DC area) is a definite theme of selfishness and entitlement. Or as they'd say in another group I used to frequent, "MFFY."

The farther away I am from downtown DC and/or the Maryland suburbs, the happier I am (and the nicer and more reasonable the people become.)

nate

Reply to
N8N

And just which planet do you actually live on?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

1300 miles away seemed to do it for me.
Reply to
gfretwell

This happened in DC. I was watching closely to see which Congress Critters were doing the pilfering.

Anyway, hardly the worse thing that happens in any big city or even small ones.

-C-

Reply to
Country

and thank YOU with your foreign mentality to stereotype all Americans by looking at ONE video from a crime ridden area. I suppose where you live there is ZERO crime, right?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Christopher Young inproperly top-poasted:

Yuk.

For several different reasons, that is also not a place you could pay me to live.

Reply to
Home Guy

Nice try.

But I'll tell ya, I bet lots of americans wouldn't mind having a wallet full of canadian currency right now - better than having an empty wallet like most of them do.

Reply to
Home Guy

Typical american. Always got to find some way to work a gun into a conversation.

Well good. You spend your last greenback buying another gun.

And enjoy yourself while you fondle it as you sit on the front porch of your forclosed home.

Reply to
Home Guy

More power! 'Ar, 'ar, 'ar.

(looking at a 1911 and a PPK for a pocket full of fun)

Reply to
krw

$7.25 but some states set it higher. Florida is $7.31

Reply to
gfretwell

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:26:30 -0800 (PST), harry wrote Re Re: Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven:

Yep. Looks like Planet of the Apes to me.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:55:14 -0800 (PST), harry wrote Re Re: Flash Mob Shoplifts at Silver Spring 7-Eleven:

AOL???

That figures.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Situations like this are usually constrained by corporate policy. That is, no employee may have a gun on company property.

If the business is privately owned, guns are often found in the shop. In the LA riots some years ago, the Korean shopkeepers were passed over by the rioters because these shop owners had, and displayed, their firearms.

In the case mentioned here, I refer you to Texas law on the subject:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property: (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary: (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;

YJMV (Your Jurisdiction May Vary)

Reply to
HeyBub

Not if it means I'd have to bail you out...

Reply to
Home Guy

Ooooooo, that is so racist. ^_^

TDD