I have a Dewalt 18v battery that came with a tool at an auction.
If I put it partly in my drill it works fine, but putting it in all the way
breakes the connection. Sometimes if I wiggle it around it will work
briefly all the way in.
It works that way in 3 tools, and a new battery works normally; so it is the
I have put contact cleaner on it, scratched it up with a file, and tried
bending the contacts in an out; but nothing helps. The blades look pretty
much like the ones on the good battery, so I can't imagine why it isn't
making contact. Any suggestions?
Epoxy with copper or silver fillers.
Don't waste your time with it;its too resistive for the high currents in
this application.Solder it or get it re-spotwelded.
Now,ordinary epoxy WOULD be useful for building up a worn part of the
It's a silver bearing epoxy which has amazingly high conductivity.
I just went to the kitchen fridge where SWMBO, bless her heart, lets me
use one door shelf in the freezer to store my back up supplies of epoxy
and seldom used adhesives. And pulled out my pack of conductive epoxy,
I bought a 0.5 oz. kit of it (Two little tubes, Parts A & B) about ten
years ago, and thanks to keeping it in the freezer it's still usable
when I need to make a connection that just doesn't lend itself to soldering.
The card the tubes were blister packed to says the conductivity is 0.001
ohm/cm, which is about 5 times as high as soft solder, but if the
distance you span is small, you'll never notice it.
One drawback though, the stuff is damn expensive in small quantities,
around $24 for a little package, like this one:
It might be cheaper for you to buy or better yet borrow a larger
soldering iron. <G>
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.