Last night, the reading light and clock on my headboard both went out
at the same time. I jiggled the extension cord plug and they
momentarily came back on but would not stay on. I figured there might
be a lose wire in the socket and since I didn't want to deal with it
at the moment, I moved the extension cord to another outlet on the
other side of the bed. Once again, the connection was intermittent
and would not stay on.
Right about then, my laptop started complaining that the battery was
about to die so I plugged its power supply into the wall socket where
I had moved the extension cord to. No power. So I started to plug it
into a third outlet and before I could even insert the plug half way,
the reading lamp and clock came back on.
What's going on here? Can someone give me some tips to troubleshoot