Flagstone

Hi,

I recently got my concrete patio installed with flagstones on top. Now one of the flagstones is spewing rust unto its surrounding mortar. My contractor recommended to remove the rust with 20 percent of muriatic acid but my concern is that it'll keep spewing rust. Is flagstone sealer a good solution? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

John

Reply to
mjcampbell

You may have a bad piece it may continue, you may want that piece replaced

Reply to
m Ransley

This bad stone is cemented in. Will it look worse when replaced?

I called the contractor, and they said this "patching" would make it look worse but is willing to replace it. Can they guarantee that this new piece is also not a bad stone?

Reply to
mjcampbell

If its done right and chopped down or a thinner piece is used it should be ok. My folks have a house sided-built with stone and one piece I was told has an ore deposit, for 80 yrs its rusted just one piece.

Reply to
m Ransley