fixture height

I am tearing the old furring strip and plaster wall in the bathroom of the rental to hange sheet rock panels and tile the wall. This is an old house built in the '40's, if not earlier. Existing supply line plumbing comes up from the floor. I like to change it to come out on the wall. What's the dimension of the following?
1. Height of vanity drain connection (18"), 2. height of vanity supply line (21"), 3. height of toilet supply line (7"), 3. height of electrical outlet and light switch (48").
The numbers in Parenthsis are measurement I took of the fixtures in my house. Are they in the ball park? I'd like to make the light switch higher than 48". 48" is where I stop the wall tiles. The light switch will be a few inches higher. Will it be awkward? Advice is appreciated.

Your numbers seem ok, I have an 80 year old house in SoCal
The downstairs bathroom has tile about half way up the way. The light switch is above the tile; its a little high but workable.
cheers Bob
I generally install the switches at -44 to center or whatever it takes to clear the bullnose or any fancy raised tiles. Its harder to install but a little more easily reached. If the outlet is not ganged to the switches, I keep it low and in the corner, so cords aren't dangling . That's just my preference

Just to clarify, I mean low to the countertop.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

As long as you are doing it, you might consider making the counter top/lavatory higher.
The mornings of my adult life were spent bent over, cursing whoever it was that decreed that lavatories should be barely above the floor. When I built my house I raised them up to 37". Love it!!
dadiOH's dandies v3.05... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico

Keep in mind, "standard heights" were more important and crucial in the days of ridgid pipe and galvanized or brass fittings and inflexible supply lines, etc. These days you can ballpark a lot of these measurements.

That's fine.

The vanity and toilet supply lines can be very flexible.

Keep your light switch and outlet either completely within the tile field, or completely above it. There's a tile line where the tile stops and the regular sheetrock is exposed, it's about 5 inches within that line you DON'T want to be.

Above the tile line makes it easier to install, but makes it awkward if that height is signifigantly higher than all of the rest of the switches in the house,
Put the light switch lower, and it's a little more difficult to cut some tiles around the opening, but more convenient and practical forever. (Until the bathroom is re-tiled once again)

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com