Fixing "puddle" of poly on wood floor

Whoever put the poly on our kitchen floor left some thickened "puddles" near some of the thresholds.
Poly is oil-based sating.
What can I do to fix the puddles without ruining or redoing the entire floor?
The lack of answers probably echos my initial reaction, there's no good way. Maybe you can sand the puddle off and try to feather it out, then recoat. Personally I'd do throw rugs.
blueman wrote:

Shave it down with a sharp cabinet scraper.
Barry