fixing lawnmower deck shroud

have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud. any good way to straighten this? thanks much

Reply to
wf3h

Any competent tractor shop will have the skillset and tools to fix you right up. Even pro lawn services run over the occasional concrete block hiding in tall grass.

Reply to
aemeijers

wf3h wrote the following:

I use a hammer.

Reply to
willshak

Sure-- I can see several different 'bends' in my head. Each might take a different approach;

3 lb hammer ; 12" crescent wrench and a 3' pipe ; hydraulic jack & a 2x4 ; chain and a tree-- and since the mower might not have the traction that '55 chevy did, maybe add a truck and another chain.

Put that stump to work-- back over it, dropping the deck at the right moment & it might pop things back in place.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Heat from a torch and a big hammer.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

yeah i think i might have to do this...

Reply to
wf3h

one of my coworkers, who has extensive experience with j. deere, suggested a torch and hammer....might have to do that

Reply to
wf3h

Back over the stump?? Seriously, once they are sprung they can be very difficult to get back to shape - how bad? Pictures??

Reply to
clare