fixing lawnmower deck shroud

have a john deere mower...hit a stump and bent the mower deck shroud. any good way to straighten this? thanks much
On 4/28/2011 10:11 PM, wf3h wrote:

Any competent tractor shop will have the skillset and tools to fix you right up. Even pro lawn services run over the occasional concrete block hiding in tall grass.
--
aem sends...

yeah i think i might have to do this...
wf3h wrote the following:

I use a hammer.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Sure-- I can see several different 'bends' in my head. Each might take a different approach; 3 lb hammer ; 12" crescent wrench and a 3' pipe ; hydraulic jack & a 2x4 ; chain and a tree-- and since the mower might not have the traction that '55 chevy did, maybe add a truck and another chain.
Put that stump to work-- back over it, dropping the deck at the right moment & it might pop things back in place.
Jim

one of my coworkers, who has extensive experience with j. deere, suggested a torch and hammer....might have to do that
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:11:59 -0400, wf3h wrote:

Heat from a torch and a big hammer.

Back over the stump?? Seriously, once they are sprung they can be very difficult to get back to shape - how bad? Pictures??