Fixing groundhogs!

After 17 years, I think I finally have the solution for ground hogs. Use the plastic bags and gravel to fill their holes. It takes lots of both. The second best thing is a standard battery operated electric fence run about 8" above the ground with 2x2 fencing mesh layed horizontally around the outside of the garden to prevent the little b*stards from digging under the fence.
http://www.bushwood.net/shack/caddy108.JPG
William W. Plummer wrote:

Coffee cans do as well with less effort and expense.
-- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada)
As I kid I used to take a 3 lb Crisco can, place a spark plug inside near the top, solder the top back on, pour in a bit a gasoline into the bottom and let it sit in the hole exposed to the sun for an hour or so. Connect the plug, through an ignition coil to a battery and ...no more ground hogs. It only took an hour or two to to fill back the hole created.
RB
William W. Plummer wrote:

William W. Plummer wrote:

Generally, when I have a groundhog that needs fixing, I take it back to the place where I bought it.
On Fri, 07 May 2004 13:14:00 -0500, Dan Hartung

Yes, but all they do is pack it up and send it off to the nearest Groundhog Authorized Repair Center (GARC). Then when it comes back, they just mark up the price of the repair and charge you for it.
Cheaper and faster just to send it to the GARC directly. All the GARC's are listed on a separate sheet tucked inside the instruction book that came with your groundhog.
My personal opinion is that once a groundhog breaks, it's usually not worth fixing. I would just buy a new one. Leave the old one out by the curb to be picked up by some handy person who knows how to fix it.