Fixing Carpet Cleaner

I have a hoover carpet cleaner I have used for about 5-8 years. it breaks frequently and I need a new place for parts because the last one seems to be out of business. Does anyone know a website to get hoover carpet cleaner parts so I can keep fixing this thing.
Or maybe a better brand that is not plactic junk that will last a bit longer?
Or should I try taking it into the local store? The unit only cost about $200.
Thanks!
dnoyeB
Apparently these thing hold up well on shorter type carpets but die an early death on shags. You could buy a Rug Docter unit which are normally rented out. There is sales contact info on the rental units.

dnoyeB writes:

The Bissel Big Green is plastic but has held up for many years for us, with a few improvised repairs. It does a pretty good job imitating a scaled- down commercial extraction cleaner.