Fixing burner on Glass Cooktop

I have a Frididaire glass cooktop (Smoothtop Electric Cooktop) built into my kitchen counter. One of the burners no longer works. Can a layman fix this problem or do I have to call a service rep?
Thanks :)

Depends on your skill set and tool box. Match the old coil exactly. I have had problems with generic coils in the past.
SQLit wrote:

Don't know about Frid but my Amana only requires a phillips screwdriver out of my "toolbox" to replace the burner.
Open oven dr, remove 3 screws this allows the top to lift up. 2 screws hold a piece of metal in place that supports the burner and 1 screw attaches the burner to the support. Wires just slide off and on.
I'm sure yours is different but probably not by much.
Thank you very much. I will give it a try this weekend!