Fixing an Abandoned, but New Mower

Agree on the starter fluid...Clean the air filter and check the gap on the new plug as well...I wouldn't put to much money in it...You can get a new one for 200 bucks...Less for a used one from a small engine repair guy...On second thought give it to the small engine repair guy and he will sell it back to you for 100 bucks all running...LOL...JMHO....

Reply to
benick

You can just squirt some gas directly in the carb put the air cleaner back on, pull it a couple times. If it runs a second or two you have a fuel problem.

Reply to
gfretwell

re: "I wouldn't put to much money in it...You can get a new one for

200 bucks"

My carb was shot, the front wheels were bald, the blade was dull and the blade mounting assembly was cracked. Close to $150 if I did the work myself.

For another $100 or so, I got a brand new self-propelled mulching Honda with auto-choke and a 2 year warranty. Taking it out of the box was a lot less work than trying to fix the other one. Well worth the extra $100.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Since it is a self-propelled mower, I vote for the suggestion someone wrote about checking for a kill/safety switch or device.

Maybe you could look up the make and model on the Internet and download an owner's manual/instructions. There may be inforamtion in there about a kill/safety device.

Reply to
BetaB4