FIXED -- THANKS -- Was: Drill leaks electricity to case

According to ATP* :

I think the one on mine (that I made a new handle for in machine shop) is the right diameter for 1/2" pipe thread, but the threads are too fine to be pipe thread.

But I didn't think to check before I made the handle (aluminum round bar stock, lathe-cut threads).

Reply to
Chris Lewis

Oh - a little hole then.

Martin [ had an all metal one with a 1" pipe thread in the top. Likely for the 'trades'.] Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I just took a close look at my old 1/2 inch metal drill. It has a 3/4" pipe handle on top and it is a Black & Decker "Home Utility".

Looking on the web I find that B&D first introduced the Home Utility line in 1946.

Reply to
Rich256