Fixed my Kenmore washer

I had posted here a problem I was having with my Kenmore washer(model 82370820). After running through the suggestions I finally got it fixed. It was bunching and more or less knotting the clothes around the agitator causing the load to become unbalanced. The agitate plunger on the wigwag was bent. Replaced it and now it works. But I have another question. I wanted to check the solenoids on the wigwag so I pulled it off the machine and checked each one across the terminals for continuity. No continuity on either solenoid, so I thought that each solenoid was bad. Got a wigwag kit, got it home and checked it for continuity--no continuity, but I figured I was chiecking it wrong and put it on anyway along with replacing both plungers and everthing works just fine. How does one check a solenoid to see if it is bad? What is the easiest way to cut those hardened pins holding the plunger(yoke) to the cam bar?
Richard
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote in message
Hi,

Power to it and no plunger movement is one way, continuity is another way.....The coils should read 200 to 700 ohms across each coil. *Sounds* like the scale you used on the meter may have been too low or high??

Side cutters work well for me.