Fixed my cell phone

Cell phone developed a, um, "stain" on the main screen shaped like a football that obscured everything beneath it.
Took it to the Verizon store. Told them "Somebody sent me a kiss and I don't know how to erase it."
"Nope," said the clerk. "It's pressure damage. You'll need a new screen. About $80."
I found a screen replacement on Ebay for eight bucks. It came today.
Four of the tiniest screws I've ever seen, hidden under some equally tiny rubber plugs, held the case together. Opening the case, it was dirt obvious how to remove the old screen and replace it with the new.
'Phone works swell. I saved $75.00. All is good (except the debt limit which shall remain unnamed).

Damn, that might resuscitate mine. Will check it out. My phone still works, just no screen. Only a bright white screen. Thanks.
Steve
On 7/25/2011 10:56 PM, Steve B wrote:

I need to check out ebay for parts again myself. Got a 'ccr' something-or-other radio with a dead display. Vendor only wants 60 bucks to replace it. I paid 10 for the radio, foolishly, without seeing it lit up first.
--
aem sends...

Get one of these phones and you wont have to mess with those tiny screws or replace any screens other than your window screens.
http://telephoneclower.wikispaces.com/file/view/old-telephone.jpg/228303108/old-telephone.jpg