Fixed Louver Shutter Panels - Exterior ???

I have to replace two stationary, exterior shutter panels. There is no way to repair my current ones as they are multi-density fiber (MDF) and years old. They were never maintained by the original owner, so they are going into the trash.
I looked at the obvious places with no luck. I live in the desert an thought a vinyl shutter should work and then I found some incense cedar ones on line. I thought of them as expensive ($190 for the pair/size I need), plus I will have to finish them (prime/paint).
These are exact to what I have (except material).
Sample: http://www.shutterland.net/exterior-shutters-s.htm
Is the cedar over kill for my location and does someone have a source for vinyl or other ideas? They are only cosmetic, screwed to the exterior wall.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
-- Oren

I had a bunch of links that I deleted. Google is your friend here. That is where I found them. Use a search term like "exterior shutters" +custom
Do you really need a custom size? No BORG stocks them all but shutters both wood and vinyl are sold in like 12, 15, 18" widths with about 10 or 12 heights all stock sizes and on average about 1/3 the price of a custom size.
Colbyt
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:59:06 -0500, "Colbyt"

43,400 links,,,still reading (BFG)

22 X 60 inch. Not necessarily custom, but I desire (need) better than the MDF I have. I have no objection to the cedar panels; except maybe cost . These MDF panels; another story.
-- Oren